Free Shipping. All The Time. Please See Product Description for Delivery Times.
- Wood Type
- How To Measure Hanging Rope Length
- Shipping & Delivery
- Installation Instructions
Take a break from the hustle and bustle of everyday life on your new Mark Bed Swing. This handmade hanging bed comes from over 25 years of wood working experience and master carpentry, with a personalized southern touch for your bedroom, porch, or outdoor living space.
This beautiful swing offers an intricate, geometric back design, perfect for any space.
-Hand made in South Carolina
-Offered in Cypress, Cedar or Sapele (Other wood types available upon request)
-Available in your choice of Sherwin Williams or Benjamin Moore paints or stains
-Choose from solid or distressed vintage style
-Hanging bed overall size may vary up to 2''
-Ships fully assembled
Crib Approximate Size: 62”L x 34”W x 29”HTwin Approximate Size: 86”L x 44”W x 29”H
Advantages of Cypress Wood:
Color: The color of cypress wood is light, yellowish brown.
Grain/Texture: It has straight grain and medium to coarse texture, but finishes very smooth.
Rot Resistant and Durable: It is an exceptionally durable wood compared to other species and is rot and water resistant.
Advantages of Cedar Wood:
Color: Cedarwood is an aromatic wood that has a reddish-brown heartwood grain with ranges from dark yellow to almost white.
Durable: It is an exceptionally durable wood that is naturally resistant to rot, decay and insect attacks. Cedar is resistant to moisture absorption, requires minimal maintenance and will not easily warp.
Appearance: The wood has strong color tones that look very attractive and can be treated for a more attractive finish.
Advantages of Sapele Wood:
Color: The color of Sapele wood is golden to dark reddish brown. Sapele belongs to the mahogany family.
Durability: Sapele wood has great durability and Sapele wood furniture can last an exceptionally long time.
Appearance: The appearance of this type of wood furniture is natural and shiny.
Measure from the ground to the ceiling then order the correct option needed. If your measurement is in between sizes, order the next size up to allow for adjustment.
For custom length sizes, please contact us at email@example.com or call 877-794-6487.
You will receive free shipping on all orders in the contiguous United States (excluding Alaska & Hawaii which we do not ship to).
-Our swings currently ship within 8-10 weeks of the order date and ship in transit through a third party freight shipping company.
-Free shipping is for curbside delivery only. This means you will need lift the furniture off the truck to bring the inside your home, uncrate it, and assemble it. Our furniture is built from solid wood and is heavy. We do offer Liftgate service for an additional expense. We also crate the furniture to protect it from damage during transit, so please be prepared to open the crate during inspection.
-Third Party Freight Shipping Details- You will be notified by our team as soon as your furniture leaves our shop. Once the furniture arrives at the shipping terminal nearest to your home, you will be contacted by the freight company to schedule a delivery window. Please note that sometimes these delivery time windows can span over several hours, so please be prepared to accept your shipment at any point in the time window given. If you are not able to accept your shipment within a reasonable amount of time (as defined by the freight company), the freight company may be required to charge storage fees. All 3rd party freight deliveries occur during normal business hours only. Please be prepared to inspect and sign for your furniture upon delivery.
-It is your responsibility to inspect your new furniture thoroughly and completely for any damage BEFORE signing for the package(s). In the very rare event that your furniture does arrive damaged, please note any damage on the delivery slip before signing for your furniture.
-In the unlikely event that your furniture is damaged in transit by the 3rd party freight line, we will ship you replacement furniture at no additional cost to you by filing a claim with the shipping company, but we can only do that if you've noted damage on the delivery slip before signing for the furniture. Once you sign the delivery slip, we can assume no responsibility for damage found after delivery, so fully inspecting your furniture upon delivery is extremely important.
-Please note: Furniture cannot be refused upon delivery if it does not fit through an entryway. It is your responsibility to ensure the furniture you order can fit in your home.
All swings, cushions and pillows are custom made-to-order. They are NON-RETURNABLE and NON-REFUNDABLE purchases.
For items damaged in shipping, please contact us directly at nestedporchswings.com or call 877-794-6487 within 24 hours.
1. Insert (1) eye bolt into the four pre-drilled holes located on the bottom outside corners of the bed swing. ** Screw eyebolts into bed only until the threads are covered, leaving about an inch of the eyebolt out of the bed**
2. Each eyebolt from the ceiling should line up directly with each eyebolt located on the bed swing. Please measure and mark the ceiling where each eyebolt will need to be placed. Insert each eyebolt into the properly marked position in the ceiling to suspend the rope (eyebolts should be flush to the ceiling). Once the eyebolts are in place and secure move onto step 3.
**Please be sure the structure is sound and capable of supporting the weight of the bed and occupants.**
3. Place each shackle through the top pre-woven loop of each rope and secure each one through an eye bolt in the ceiling.
4. Move the bed swing to the location where it will be suspended from the ceiling. Raise the hanging bed to the desired height typically between 18”and 22” from floor to the top of the mattress. Please make sure the proper support is under the Hanging Bed (example: saw horses) before moving onto step 5.
5. Pull ropes down tightly placing rope through each eye bolt located on the bottom of the bed swing frame, tie a single knot underneath each eyebolt and fray the rope at the bottom OR tie your own knot just make sure the knot is underneath the eyebolt for support.
6. Insert wooden plugs into screw holes using rubber mallet.
7. Please make sure your new bed swing is level and secure before use.
8. Relax...Like never before on your heavenly bed swing!